compensation: Competitive DOE employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
LEASING AGENT – NEW OPPORTUNITY – PART TIME: 25 hours/week
As a Leasing Agent at Conifer Realty you will:
Be responsible for assisting in all operations of the leasing office. You will report directly to the Community Manager for our Village Manor and Village Square Apartments in Painted Post, NY. You will work to minimize vacancies, quickly lease apartments, promote good working resident and public relations, assure program compliance and perform office tasks as required. You will qualify new tenants, provide tours of the community, handle all details of move-outs and move-ins in accordance with inspection check lists, manage maintenance requests for timely completion, and ensure residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained community. Daily activities will include working collaboratively with your community team as well as key partners in Maintenance, Compliance, Property Management and outside housing authority representatives to ensure all required aspects of apartment turnovers, leasing, compliance and assisting in operating a stable, fiscal operation are covered and meeting all requirements.
Anticipated schedule will be M-F 5 hours/day, flexible hours.
As a successful candidate you will have (required skills):
• 1+ years prior apartment leasing management experience, preferably in affordable housing with Low-income Tax Credit, and Fair Housing compliance knowledge or experience preferred.
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills to interact with team, residents, prospective residents, housing authority representatives, and visitors.
• Strong organizational skills with effective decision-making abilities.
• Strong MSOffice skills (Word, Excel) for effective written communications and maintaining accurate records.
• Knowledge of accounting for collecting/tracking rents and posting to appropriate records.
• Minimum High School degree or GED equivalent required.
And you are person with interpersonal skills who:
• Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships—becoming a positive resource for our residents, vendors, contractors, visitors and fellow employees who are involved with the site daily.
• Is enthusiastic, highly motivated with a strong work ethic and has an intense focus on achieving results.
• Champions change and operational excellence.
• Demonstrates organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills to effectively manage several projects with daily activities at one time to meet the required timelines set.
• Practices good business judgement and practices.
• Thinks strategically and applies critical thinking to identifying and solving problems.
• Demonstrates strong listening, communication and presentation skills.
• Embraces the opportunity to work side by side with team and partners.
• Is willing to go the extra mile to resolve issues and complete tasks required, including any extended hours that might be needed.
Conifer Realty’s culture is one that:
• Is guided daily by our values: commitment, dedication, honesty, innovation, integrity, quality and respect. Inherent in that decision process is a continuous effort to do what we do, better.
• Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background and experience.
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers and where all employees can achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our employees, residents and clients.
• Strives to create and maintain a positive work environment for our employees, competitive salaries and benefits, as well as the opportunity to work for a highly respected, fast-growing, national company.
• Is committed to advancing our management skills, technology, and ways of working; we always put our employees, residents and clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our apartment communities across four states and our employees by remaining vibrant and vital in the affordable housing industry. We strive every day to make our apartment communities the best in the market place.
Join our dynamic Conifer Realty Team -- Conifer is a nationally ranked, full-service real estate company specializing in the development, construction, management and ownership of high-quality, affordable housing communities. Since its inception in 1975, Conifer has grown considerably – currently owning and managing over 15,019 multifamily units representing over 220 apartment communities in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• Ongoing training. We strive to promote from within, offering growth opportunities for employees.
• Great benefits – 401K with company match, Paid time-off, sick time, group short disability; wellness program.
• Top 100 Rochester, NY Workplace.
• Confidential Employee Surveys enabling you to provide feedback and ask questions anonymously.
APPLY TODAY via our website link: http://www.careersatconifer.com and scroll to job #NY19201 to complete our application process and attach your resume. You will hear directly from the hiring manager on next steps in the process.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Conifer Team!
Conifer Realty LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers